Muir Wood Adolescent & Family Services is launching two new female adolescent residential treatment programs. Situated on beautiful acreage in Sonoma County, California, these campuses are accepting a limited number of girls for treatment. TheLohrman Lane, Rebecca, and Magnolia campuses focus on providing adolescent females 12-17 individualized care and the highest quality of treatment.
The treatment team is led by Nancy Herron, MD, a triple-board certified psychiatrist (Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry). Prior to joining the clinical team at Muir Wood, Dr. Herron was a Clinical Fellow in Post-traumatic Stress Disorder at Harvard University Medical School (supervised by Bessel van de Kolk, MD). Coordinating treatment with Dr. Herron is Liz Fischel, LCSW, a certified EMDR provider. Ms. Fischel’s experience includes Clinical Instructor and Faculty Member for the University of Colorado School of Medicine (Department of Neurosurgery) as well as being the former Director of Outpatient Services at Aurora Hospital in Santa Rosa, CA.
We have assembled experienced staff specializing in treatment modalities including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Expressive Arts Therapy (EAT). We have also developed intensive family programming and WASC-accredited academic curriculum.
“Since opening Muir Wood in 2013, it has always been my intention to provide integrated, evidence-based treatment tailored to the unique needs of adolescent girls and their families. Most teenage girls who are diagnosed with depression or other mental health issues do not receive the care they need. Many are at risk from suicidal thoughts, substance use disorder or paralyzing anxiety. To provide this essential treatment and support, we have assembled a specialized team of adolescent psychiatrists, psychologists and licensed therapists trained and certified in trauma informed care, as well as other mental health professionals. We’re proud to offer this option for our community.”
Muir Wood At-A-Glance
- Full-time Psychiatry and Nursing
- Accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Muir Wood Learning Center academic program accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Gender-Specific and Gender-Separate Campuses
- In-Network with most major insurance providers including Kaiser Permanente, Anthem, Aetna, Cigna, Humana, and MHN
- An LCSW facilitated, 16-week Parent Coaching & Aftercare Parent Support Program provided post-discharge that is included with every enrollment
- Tracking through standardized, science-based treatment effectiveness and clinical outcomes monitoring
- Industry-leading staff-to-client ratio with all masters-level, licensed clinicians