Our teen treatment program is gender-specific, treating only adolescent teens ages 12 to 17. A gender-specific program enables teens to be open to exploring and discussing sensitive issues that may otherwise be kept inside. Therapy is provided in an environment that promotes communication in a compassionate and thoughtful way, never shaming or punitive.
Without the obvious distraction of the opposite sex, teens are free to engage in therapy that can often be difficult and introspective. A gender-specific residential teen treatment program also enables teens to:
- Be supportive of their peers
- Feel a true sense of safety
- Hold each other accountable for participation in the program
- Be open and willing to show emotion
- Display less aggression and posturing as is common in mixed-gender programs